Stress Reduction and Stress-Related Issues – According to the American Medical Association, more than 80% of the medical visits are stress-related issues. The symptoms are found at the physical, emotional, and behavioral levels. They are:
• Anxiety - According to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America, 40 million Americans (18% of the US population) suffer from an anxiety disorder.
• Depression - The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) estimates that 16.2 million U.S. adults had at least one major depressive episode in 2016. This represents 6.7 percent of the U.S. adult population.
• Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder – According to the National Center for PTSD, the following statistics are based on the U.S. population: About 7 or 8 out of every 100 people (or 7-8% of the population) will have PTSD at some point in their lives. About 8 million adults have PTSD during a given year.
• Sleeping Problems – According to the American Sleep Apnea Association, Insufficient sleep is a public health epidemic. 70% of American adults report that they have insufficient sleep at least one night a month, and 11% report insufficient sleep every night.
• Fibromyalgia – According to the American Chronic Pain Association, 6 to 12 million people suffer from Fibromyalgia in the USA. 90% of them are female.
• IBS – Irritable Bowel Syndrome – According to WebMD, IBS affects between 25 to 45 million people in the US.
• Chron’s Disease – According to the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation, Crohn’s Disease affects approximately 800,000 Americans.
• Pain Mitigation – Chronic pain.
Life Transition – The fear of the unknown plus leaving one’s comfort/familiar zone can create a lot of stress and resistance, which blocks one’s full potential and achievements. The following are examples of life transition: going to college, starting in the job market, getting married, becoming a parent, switching careers, getting divorced, grieving, and finding a purpose/meaning in life.
Self-Confidence - move past self-doubts and lack of confidence and reach your potential. Procrastination, fear of public speaking, and performance improvement in general. Reinventing one’s self, become the best version of yourself!
Undesired Habits – nail-biting, hair pulling, smoking, overeating, overshopping, overdrinking, any behavioral overreaction.
Pediatrics – Attention Deficit Disorder, bed-wetting, nail-biting, misbehaving, and child stress.